No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
This is the recipe Arty uses the most, and is a great starting point for your cookie baking journey. It holds its shape well, and tastes good too!
- 2 Cups butter, softened
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 lbs. Flour (6 C)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- In a mixer cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix flour, salt, & baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to dough and beat until combined.
- Roll out dough to ¼” thickness, cut into desired shapes, and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.