Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Roll-out Cookies
Have fun with this special Halloween cookie flavor! I made the chocolate cookie dough extra dark, and paired it with an orange icing. Try out this haunting new flavor!
- 4 1/2 C flour
- 2 C cocoa powder (I use Cookie Cowgirl Dark Cocoa Blend from Truly Mad Plastics to get that beautiful black cookie dough. It is sooooo fudge-y!)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C butter, softened
- 2 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp hazelnut emulsion
Preheat Oven to 350*
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and emulsion until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture at low speed. Scrape down sides as needed until well combined.
Roll out and cut into desired shapes. Bake 8 – 10 minutes.
*You can pair these cookies with my royal icing recipe flavored with 1 TBSP of an emulsion or extract. My favorites are orange, hazelnut, almond or vanilla and they are fantastic!
*My 11 year old Denver likes to do cookie experiments. We threw in some handfuls of mini m&ms into one batch of dough and it was even more chocolate-y!