I made some REALLY good pancakes for my family last Fall and decided I need to share these recipes with you! Now is the time of year when we can get our hands on fresh cranberries, so grab some and make these!
Orange Cranberry Pancakes with Cranberry Maple Syrup
For the syrup:
1 bag cranberries, rinsed (reserve 1/2 C for pancakes)
1 C white sugar
1 C orange juice
1 cinnamon stick
1 pinch of cloves
1/4 C maple syrup
1. Bring all ingredients (except maple syrup) to a boil in a saucepan. Cook until cranberries start to pop (about 10 minutes).
2. Remove cinnamon stick & crush cranberries to your liking.
3. Stir in maple syrup.
For the pancakes:
2 C pancake mix
1 TBSP oil
1 C milk
1/4 C orange juice
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp orange emulsion (optional)
1/2 C chopped cranberries
1. Mix eggs, oil, milk, orange juice, zest & emulsion.
2. Stir into pancake mix just until well blended.
3. Fold in chopped berries.
4. Drop batter by 1/4 C onto a hot griddle. Serve with Cranberry maple syrup.